Herbal Tea – The Soothing Brew With Many Health Benefits
Herbal tea has become a health craze all over the world. They have become a favourite brew for all because of the many medicinal qualities that they are supposed to possess. This magic brew is supposed to cure every ailment from colds to infections. It is not only a comforting delicious drink, it is a medicinal potion in disguise, working wonders on your body.
The Numerous Benefits
- Tisanes, all herbal teas, as they are commonly known are a good, inexpensive, caffeine free and drug-free way to enjoy the taste and benefits of spices.
- Every time you drink a cuppa, you are providing your body with much-needed hydration.
- Most noteworthy, our senses are pleasantly stimulated just by holding that aromatic warm cup in your hand.
Choose the Right Herbal Tea For Your Ailment
It is important to select the right potion for your ailment as herbal tea come in different flavours and varieties, each with different benefits. Brews made out of pepper, thyme and ginger have great therapeutic virtues.
Listed below are a 5 types of herbal teas and what each one and do for your body.
- ELDERFLOWER – You can use the white flower of the elder tree for curing colds. You can also use elderflower tea as a decongestant to clean the nasal passages of catarrh.
- CHAMOMILE – Worldwide people consumer over a million cups of chamomile tea a every day to ease body aches, soothe colic, and to provide a good night’s sleep.
- LEMON VERBENA – The citric content in this lovely cup helps ease digestion, due to breaking down fats in the digestive tract.
- CINNAMON – Warm and spicy, this herbal tea helps fightt viruses, weight loss, provides relief from menstrual pain, soothes upset stomachs and stabilizes blood sugar levels. On its own, cinnamon tea is delicious but when blended with other herbs and spices, this little cup becomes a powerhouse.
- GINGER – The perfect tea when you feel a cold coming on – it will stop it in its track. Ginger tea also fights nausea, upset stomachs, eases arthritic and rheumatic pain, lowers cholesterol and encourages weight loss.
8 More Health Tea Herbs to Try Next
- DANDELION – A small package bursting with vitamins and minerals is a dispensary in a cup. It cleanses the liver, stimulates digestion, eases constipation, reduces fluid retention and relieves arthritic pain.
- NETTLE – This British herb is a good source of iron, calcium, and silica. Nettle tea increases the red blood count in addition to helping build bones, teeth, and hair.
- HIBISCUS – Made from the calyces of the hibiscus plant, Hibiscus tea is full of Vitamin C, anti oxidants, and is known for lowering blood pressure. It calming properties help relieve insomnia. It also aids in weight loss.
- THYME – Thyme contains volatile oils that help in fighting colds and coughs.
- FENNEL – Having anti-spasmodic properties, fennel tea relaxes the intestinal muscle and is good for constipation, colic, and flatulence. It is also a diuretic and helps in cleansing the kidneys, which in turn leads to clearer skin.
- PEPPERMINT – The brew made from peppermint clears stuffy noses, eases stomach cramps, soothes sore throats and wards off colds. It also relieves stress and anxiety and reduces flatulence and bloating.
- ROOBOIS – Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, rooibos tea is relaxing, reduces headaches, alleviates insomnia, and soothes dodgy stomachs.
- ST. JOHNS WORT – A mild antidepressant that is therefore an effective treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder.
Whatever your ailment, wherever you are, Body Bites have a range of herbal teas to send all your problems away. Finally, just check out their site and consequently you will be sure to find the herbal tea you need.